“If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I’m neurotic as hell. I’ll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.”—
This is exactly how I feel about my general state of ambivalence.
“You think because he doesn’t love you that you are worthless. You think that because he doesn’t want you anymore that he is right — that his judgement and opinion of you are correct. If he throws you out, then you are garbage. You think he belongs to you because you want to belong to him. Don’t. It’s a bad word, ‘belong.’ Especially when you put it with somebody you love. Love shouldn’t be like that. Did you ever see the way the clouds love a mountain? They circle all around it; sometimes you can’t even see the mountain for the clouds. But you know what? You go up top and what do you see? His head. The clouds never cover the head. His head pokes through, because the clouds let him; they don’t wrap him up. They let him keep his head up high, free, with nothing to hide him or bind him. You can’t own a human being. You can’t lose what you don’t own. Suppose you did own him. Could you really love somebody who was absolutely nobody without you? You really want somebody like that? Somebody who falls apart when you walk out the door? You don’t, do you? And neither does he. You’re turning over your whole life to him. Your whole life, girl. And if it means so little to you that you can just give it away, hand it to him, then why should it mean any more to him? He can’t value you more than you value yourself.”—
I’ve posted it before and I’ll post it again because it’s so fucking perfect.
35. What bands I've seen live. (HOWEVER, I'm changing that to best shows you've been to, because naming every band you've ever seen sounds like an impossible task.)
39. What I'm really good at.
41. Where I would like to live.
35. I was about to say that it’d be totally impossible to write them all! Jay-Z Coachella 2010. Fleet Foxes 2007. Beirut 2007. Kanye Coachella 2011. The National 2011 (twice, but nearly cried both times.) Jonsi 2010. MGMT+MSTRKRFT 2009.
39. Some things I am good at: training my Pokemon (I am very patient and will just walk around in the wild weeds for hours); painting intricate designs on nails; answering obscure crossword puzzle questions; quoting rap lyrics in normal conversation; smoking cigarettes. In summation: a lot of useless things.
(: bbaaaby i love yr blog it's good it's good!!
Thanks ma. Same to you.
3. Ryan Gosling’s arms. Matthew Gray Gubler’s arms. Pharrell’s arms. Drake’s arms. Ernest Hemingway’s arms. Clark Gable’s arms. I can’t choose. 52. “I will. Farreal. We’ll have a slumber-baking party this week.” 53. God, that’s hard. I’m a little too sensitive, a little too introspective, a little too guarded. I don’t live in the moment enough.